This fast and simple chipotle rooster recipe is made with boneless rooster thighs (or breasts), scrumptious for selfmade burrito bowls, tacos, quesadillas, and extra.
This Chipotle Rooster recipe is a pleasant mixture of smoke, spicy and savory flavors. Whether or not you cook dinner them in a skillet, on a grill or grill pan, or within the air fryer, the consequence shall be juicy and scrumptious. For those who’re craving a selfmade model of the favored meals chain restaurant, you’ll love this fast recipe that doesn’t require any marinating time. Flip it right into a burrito bowl or burrito with my copycat cilantro lime rice, guacamole and pico de gallo. Or use it for taco night time, over salad or quesadillas. My household devours them!
Why This Recipe Works
- Fast: It takes just a few minutes to make the rub, and there’s no want to attend for the rooster to marinate. Season and cook dinner it straight away – it’ll be prepared in about Quarter-hour.
- Juicy Rooster: Rooster thighs are a tasty minimize of meat that may be ready in numerous methods.
- Flavorful: The chipotle in adobo sauce and ancho chile powder pack this dish with daring flavors.
- Straightforward: This chipotle rooster recipe makes use of a couple of pantry elements and requires nearly no chopping.
Chipotle Rooster Elements
- Rooster: Trim the fats off boneless, skinless rooster thighs.
- Garlic: Mince or crush two garlic cloves.
- Chipotle in Adobo Sauce: You’ll solely want one tablespoon of the sauce. Freeze the remaining in an ice dice tray after which switch to a zip-locked bag for later use.
- Seasoning: Ancho chile powder, floor cumin, dried oregano, salt, pepper
How you can Make Chipotle Rooster
- Season Rooster: Season the thighs with salt and pepper on either side. Mix the garlic, chipotle in adobo sauce, ancho chile powder, cumin, and oregano in a bowl. Rub the spice combination evenly over the rooster and allow them to sit for a couple of minutes. You possibly can cook dinner them straight away or refrigerate so long as in a single day for extra taste.
- Skillet: Preheat a big skillet or griddle over medium-high warmth and spray with oil. Cook dinner the thighs for about six minutes on both sides.
- Grill: Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high warmth. Grease the grill grates with oil and cook dinner on both sides for six to eight minutes.
- Air Fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 400°F and cook dinner the rooster for 14 to fifteen minutes, flipping midway by way of.
- How have you learnt when rooster is completed? Regardless of which methodology you select, the rooster is prepared at any time when it’s browned on the surface, and the inner temperature is 165°F when checked with a meat thermometer.
- Serving: As soon as cooked, switch the meat to a plate and let it relaxation for a couple of minutes earlier than slicing. This step prevents the juices from working out of the rooster.
Copycat Chipotle Rooster Bowl
After I order from Chipotle, I all the time get the rooster bowl, but it surely’s really easy to make at house. Here’s a record of elements and toppings you’ll be able to combine and match from to construct your individual Chipotle Rooster Bowl:
1. Begin with a Base:
2. Add Protein:
3. Add Beans:
4. End with Toppings:
How you can Retailer Chipotle Rooster
Meal prep chipotle rooster thighs and have simple meals for half the week. Leftovers will maintain within the fridge for as much as 4 days and within the freezer for 3 months. Reheat it within the microwave till heat, and serve in tacos, quesadillas, burrito bowls, taco salads, and extra.
- Rooster: For those who choose chicken, use rooster breasts.
- Ancho Chile Powder: For those who don’t have ancho, swap it for normal chili powder.
Extra Rooster Thigh Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 /4 th
Season Rooster: Season the rooster thighs with salt and pepper on either side.
In a mixing bowl, mix the minced garlic, chipotle in adobo sauce, ancho chile powder, floor cumin, and dried oregano. Rub the spice combination evenly over the rooster thighs, ensuring they’re totally coated. Allow them to sit a couple of minutes to let the flavour set in. You possibly can cook dinner straight away or refrigerate so long as in a single day, the longer the extra flavorful!
Preheat a big skillet or griddle over medium-high warmth and spray with oil.
Place the rooster thighs within the skillet and cook dinner for about 6 minutes per aspect or till browned on the surface and the within reaches an inner temperature of 165°F.
Take away the rooster from the skillet and let it relaxation for a couple of minutes earlier than serving. This can assist the juices redistribute for most taste. Slice it up and serve in tacos, rice bowls, burritos, and so forth.
Grill or Grill Pan Methodology:
Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high warmth. Grease the grill grates or grill pan with oil to stop sticking.
Place the rooster thighs on the grill or grill pan and cook dinner for about 6-8 minutes per aspect, or till they’re totally cooked and attain an inner temperature of 165°F.
As soon as cooked, take away the rooster from the warmth and let it relaxation for a couple of minutes earlier than serving. Resting permits the flavors to meld collectively and the juices to redistribute. Slice it up and serve in tacos, rice bowls, and so forth.
Air Fryer Methodology:
Preheat your air fryer to 400°F. Place the seasoned rooster thighs in a single layer in batches as wanted within the air fryer basket.
Cook dinner the rooster for 14-Quarter-hour, flipping them midway by way of to make sure even cooking. Examine the inner temperature with a meat thermometer to substantiate it has reached 165°F.
As soon as cooked, switch the rooster thighs to a plate and allow them to relaxation for a couple of minutes earlier than serving. This step ensures that the rooster stays juicy and flavorful. Slice it up and serve in tacos, rice bowls, and so forth.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know the way you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 /4 th, Energy: 216 kcal, Carbohydrates: 2 g, Protein: 34 g, Fats: 7 g, Saturated Fats: 2 g, Ldl cholesterol: 69 mg, Sodium: 561 mg, Fiber: 0.5 g