This Cornbread Casserole is a candy and savory spoonable cornbread that’s filled with contemporary corn. The creamy texture is the proper addition to your vacation dinner desk! It’s a staple at our Thanksgiving meal and any time we wish a scrumptious facet dish that feels particular.
Creamy, Savory Cornbread Casserole
We completely love this buttery cornbread casserole. It’s completely candy and savory- and the feel is sort of a cross between cornbread and souffle. The dish bakes up moist and and studded with candy corn. It’s a staple Thanksgiving facet dish at our home! However as a result of it’s a crowd-pleaser, and really easy to whip up- we make all of it 12 months spherical. It’s an ideal potluck dish, or just anytime you need a actually good facet dish.
I’ve heard it known as corn pudding, however I feel that title is a bit deceptive. There may be nothing pudding-ish about this dish. It’s only a moist cornbread that doesn’t precisely maintain collectively like cornbread on account of all of the fabulous corn kernels stuffed inside. And you may play with the flavour, too! I just like the savory addition of sauteed onion and garlic, however you’ll be able to completely depart that out for those who like. Learn on for extra scrumptious variations.
Elements You’ll Must Make this Cornbread Casserole Recipe:
- Olive Oil– For cooking the onion. You may also use vegetable or avocado oil.
- Onion– We love the savory taste the onion provides, however you’ll be able to depart them out. You may also use sliced inexperienced onions as an alternative.
- Cornmeal– This recipe requires cornmeal, not cornbread combine.
- Baking Powder
- Plain Greek Yogurt– You may also use bitter cream.
- Entire Kernel Corn– We used a can of corn, however you can even use frozen corn or contemporary corn lower from the cob.
- Cream Fashion Corn– Creamed corn provides to the creamy corn pudding consistency of this casserole.
- Chives– For garnish.
Tips on how to Make Cornbread Casserole:
- Saute the onion and garlic. Add olive oil to a small skillet or sauce pan and put over medium warmth. Add the diced onions and cook dinner for 4-5 minutes or till tender. Add the garlic and cook dinner for an additional minute. Take away from the warmth and put aside.
- Whisk collectively dry components. In a big mixing bowl, whisk collectively the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix moist components. To a separate bowl, add the greek yogurt, melted butter, eggs, and corn. Stir effectively to mix.
- Combine the whole lot collectively. Add the moist components to the dry components and stir simply till mixed.
- Bake. Pour the cornbread batter right into a greased baking dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes or till the highest is frivolously browned and the casserole is ready.
- Serve. Sprinkle the completed casserole with minced chives and serve.
Ideas & Ideas
Add cheese. That is non-obligatory, however provides a scrumptious tacky, gooey taste and consistency. You’ll wish to use about 1 cup of cheese. We like to make use of shredded cheddar cheese, white cheddar cheese, monterey jack cheese, or pepper jack cheese if you wish to add some warmth.
Add further veggies. I like so as to add diced bell peppers to this corn casserole! Simply cube a purple bell pepper and saute it with the onion and garlic.
To make a Mexican cornbread casserole add a can of inexperienced chilies and pepper jack cheese. Bake in keeping with the recipe instructions for a yummy facet dish. To make it a tasty primary dish, cook dinner a pound of floor beef or floor turkey with a packet of taco seasoning. Stir in a can of black beans, pinto beans, or kidney beans and a can of rotel tomatoes. Stir collectively, then unfold the bottom beef combination into the baking dish earlier than topping with the cornbread combination. Bake as directed.
Tips on how to make Cornbread Casserole with Jiffy combine
To make this casserole even simpler, you’ll be able to exchange the dry components (flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt) with one 8.5 ounce bundle of cornbread combine (like Jiffy corn muffin combine).
Why is my cornbread dry?
You wish to be sure that to not overcook your cornbread casserole! As soon as the perimeters get a bit brown and the middle seems set, it’s prepared to drag from the oven. In any other case, you may find yourself with a dry casserole.
How do I retailer and reheat leftover cornbread casserole?
Retailer leftover cornbread casserole in an hermetic container within the fridge. For finest outcomes, get pleasure from your leftovers inside 4 days. Leftovers will be loved chilly, or just reheat within the microwave.
We already talked about that it ought to have a rightful place in your vacation dinner tables. However cornbread casserole can be scrumptious served with chili, grilled meats, and even made right into a primary dish casserole by including a meat, bean, and veggie layer on the underside!
Extra Scrumptious Vacation Aspect Dish Recipes:
Our cornbread casserole positively wants a spot at your Thanksgiving desk! It combines the comforting flavors of cornbread in a creamy, savory casserole kind. Each chunk is good, savory, and completely scrumptious!
Servings: 9 servings
Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a saute pan, warmth oil over medium excessive warmth. Add diced onions and saute till tender, 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook dinner for an additional minute. Take away from warmth and put aside.
In a big mixing bowl, add cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk to mix.
In one other mixing bowl whisk Greek yogurt, melted butter, and eggs collectively. Add corn kernels, creamed corn, onion combination, and stir to mix. Add to the dry components and stir simply till mixed.
Pour into ready casserole dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or till the highest is frivolously browned. Sprinkle chives on high as a garnish. Serve heat and revel in!
Energy: 257kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 14g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.4g | Ldl cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 626mg | Potassium: 114mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 431IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 2mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you will see plenty of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your children to eat higher and develop into intuitive eaters and plenty of sources for feeding your loved ones.
Study Extra about Natalie