It’s crispy. It’s crunchy. It’s candy & spicy. It’s my well-known sizzling honey BANGIN’ crunchy cornflake hen. I began making this sizzling honey baked hen final 12 months and Tony and I fell in love. The cornflake coating is completely seasoned and will get deliciously crunchy and golden brown on the surface, whereas the hen stays good and juicy on the within.
After so a lot of you fell in love with my crispy baked hen nuggets a couple of years again I knew I wished to make a brand new, better-than-takeout cornflake hen recipe, and that is IT. The tremendous simple home made sizzling honey takes this hen to the subsequent degree, so get able to drizzle and dip to your coronary heart’s want.
I’ve included loads of ideas, methods, and scrumptious aspect dishes to pair with it for the right dinner any night time of the week. Time to seize a field of cornflakes and get this hen in your desk ASAP!
Every thing you’ll have to make this cornflake baked hen
This scrumptious sizzling honey baked hen recipe has 3 fundamental elements, which make it tremendous simple to make however oh-so-delicious. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- For the cornflake coating: you’ll want cornflakes and a few yummy spices like paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- For the hen: you’ll additionally want eggs, milk, and boneless skinless hen thighs.
- For the new honey: my home made sizzling honey is made with simply common honey and your fav hot sauce!
Can I exploit a special sort of hen?
Sure, it’s also possible to use hen breasts or hen tenders, however please be aware that the cooking time can be totally different. Make sure the inner temp reaches 165 levels F with a meat thermometer.
Customise your hen
There are a couple of easy methods to customise the elements on this cornflake baked hen recipe:
- To make it gluten free: merely use an authorized gluten free cornflake cereal. Please be aware that common cornflakes do have wheat in them, so examine your labels!
- Select your milk: you’ll solely want 2 tablespoons of milk, so be at liberty to make use of any dairy or non-dairy milk you’d like.
- Add a kick of warmth: I like so as to add simply a few teaspoons of Cholula to the honey to make it spicier, however be at liberty to make use of a spicier sizzling sauce or add extra to style! You too can add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the spices with the cornflakes for extra warmth.
Two keys to completely crunchy cornflake hen
As a result of we’re not frying this hen, there are two key methods to make sure that your cornflake hen comes out completely crispy and crunchy:
- Use a wire rack. Make sure you place a wire rack on prime of your baking sheet. This is not going to solely stop the hen from sticking, nevertheless it additionally permits the hen to bake up good and crispy on all sides as a result of airflow. Should you don’t have a wire rack, that’s okay, you may simply flip the hen midway by baking.
- Spray earlier than baking. Make sure you spray the hen with cooking spray earlier than you bake it in order that it will get good and golden brown!
Find out how to make cornflake baked hen
- Make the cornflake coating. Begin by pulsing the cornflakes in a meals processor till they resemble breadcrumbs. Switch them to a bowl and blend in the entire spices.
- Make the egg combination. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and milk collectively till effectively mixed.
- Prep your pan. Add a wire rack to a big baking sheet and spray it effectively with cooking spray.
- Prep your hen. Use tongs to dip every hen thigh within the egg combination, then into the cornflake combination till effectively coated. Place the hen thighs on prime of the wire rack in your baking sheet.
- Bake the hen. Spray the hen thighs with cooking spray and bake till good and crispy.
- Make the honey & serve. While you’re able to serve, microwave the honey and sizzling sauce collectively, then drizzle the new honey over the hen or use it as a dip and serve!
What to serve with cornflake hen
This simple sizzling honey baked hen recipe is scrumptious as a sandwich with pickles or coleslaw, possibly some cheese and home made ranch, or you may serve it with the right aspect dish:
Get all of our scrumptious aspect dish recipes right here!
Storing & freezing ideas
- To retailer: any leftover sizzling honey baked hen may be saved in an airtight bag or container within the fridge for 3-5 days. To reheat, place the hen on a baking sheet and broil it on excessive for a few minutes till heated by and crispy on the surface.
- To freeze: let the hen cool fully, then place it in a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze for as much as 2-3 months. To reheat, I’d advocate heating the hen within the oven in order that it’s good and crispy.
Extra scrumptious hen recipes
Get all of our hen recipes right here!
I hope you like this wonderful crunchy cornflake baked hen recipe! Should you make it make sure to go away a remark and a score so I understand how you appreciated it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Sizzling Honey Bangin’ Crunchy Cornflake Baked Hen
Unimaginable crunchy cornflake baked hen tossed with scrumptious spices and drizzled with sizzling honey. This simple cornflake hen recipe comes along with easy elements and in beneath an hour for a dinner you may crave!
- For the crunchy cornflake coating:
floor black pepper
- For the hen:
almond milk (or milk of alternative)
boneless skinless hen thighs
- For the new honey:
sizzling sauce (I like cholula)
Preheat the oven to 400 levels F.
Add the cornflakes to the bowl of the meals processor and pulse till they attain a nice crumb just like breadcrumbs. Switch combination to a medium bowl and whisk within the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and salt till effectively mixed.
In a separate medium bowl, whisk collectively the eggs and almond milk. Put aside.
Line a big baking sheet with an oven secure wire metallic rack. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Dip every hen thigh into the egg combination, then use a tong to seize every hen thigh and toss generously into the breadcrumb combination to fully coat with breadcrumbs. Use tongs to switch to the wire rack. Repeat with remaining hen items.
Generously spray the tops of the hen thighs with nonstick spray. Bake within the oven for 20-25 minutes till cooked by and temp reaches 165 levels F with a meat thermometer.
Proper earlier than serving, make the fast sizzling honey: add honey and sizzling sauce to a small bowl, microwave for 10-15 seconds. Style and add extra sizzling sauce to regulate to your liking. Drizzle honey over the hen earlier than serving or use it as a dip for the hen.
You too can use hen breasts or hen tenders for this recipe, however please know the cooking time will barely change.
See the complete put up for storing and freezing directions.
Servings: 6 servings
Serving measurement: 1 serving (with sizzling honey)
Saturated fats: 2g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats
This put up was initially printed on January seventeenth, 2022, and republished on March twenty seventh, 2023.