Monster cookie lovers, this recipe is for you. I’ve had a lot enjoyable perfecting monster cookie recipes over the previous few years like these power bites and these (precise) cookies, and I knew a scrumptious bar filled with the entire yummy add-ins was so as.
These tahini monster cookie bars are crammed with your whole favs like oats, chocolate chunks & chocolate candies, plus some further particular add-ins that make the out-of-this-world scrumptious. They simply so occur to be gluten free because of almond flour and rolled oats, and are simply dairy free as properly. Simply LOOK at these golden edges, ooey-gooey middles, and puddles of darkish chocolate.
The staff and I made these wonderful treats final summer season and actually grew to become obsessed. They’re, in fact, excellent straight from the oven however they’re additionally SO scrumptious and chewy proper out of the fridge! Any method you take pleasure in them you may wish to make a double batch as a result of everybody round you can be swooning. They’re actually considered one of my fav straightforward desserts ever!
What are monster cookies?
Monster cookies are kind of a kitchen sink cookie, which means they’re all in regards to the mix-ins. Conventional monster cookies like my well-known recipe have:
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
These wonderful monster cookie bars swap the peanut butter for tahini and embody a couple of particular add-ins.
Every part you’ll have to make these monster cookie bars
You severely received’t have the ability to inform that these more healthy monster cookie bars are each gluten-free and dairy-free. They’re SO fudgy however are made with healthful components you’ll love! Right here’s what you’ll have to make them:
- Eggs: you’ll want 2 eggs to assist the monster cookie bars bake up correctly.
- Coconut sugar: I like the caramel-like taste and ideal sweetness that coconut sugar provides to those bars.
- Coconut oil: for the proper quantity of moisture you’ll want a little bit coconut oil.
- Tahini: we’re skipping the normal peanut butter and mixing tahini into these monster cookie bars as an alternative! Use the code ‘ambitiouskitchen’ to get 10% off my favourite model, Soom.
- Flour: we’re utilizing advantageous, blanched almond flour to maintain the bars gluten free.
- Oats: you’ll additionally want some rolled oats to offer them the proper thickness. Bear in mind to make use of gluten free rolled oats to maintain the bars gluten free, too!
- Shredded coconut: you’ll combine in some unsweetened shredded coconut with the dry components for that true monster cookie taste.
- Baking staples: don’t overlook the baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt. Learn to make your personal vanilla extract right here.
- Scrumptious add-ins: we’re folding in darkish chocolate chunks (or darkish chocolate chips) and chocolate candies for melty chocolate in each chunk. Bear in mind to make use of a dairy free model of chocolate to maintain the bars dairy free — use the code ‘AMBITIOUSKITCHEN’ for 20% off Hu Kitchen chocolate. Don’t overlook the sprinkle of fancy sea salt on prime!
Easy ingredient swaps
I extremely suggest sticking to this monster cookie bar recipe as carefully as doable as a way to get the very best outcomes! Nevertheless, listed here are a couple of ingredient swaps I can suggest:
- For the coconut sugar: be happy to make use of brown sugar as an alternative. Learn to make your personal brown sugar right here!
- For the coconut oil: when you’re not dairy free, you can additionally use melted butter.
- For the tahini: peanut butter or almond butter would additionally work properly!
- For the mix-ins: be happy to get inventive right here! I believe Reese’s items, white chocolate chips, or nuts would even be scrumptious.
Can I make them vegan?
Please observe that I’ve not examined these monster cookie bars with flax eggs. Let me know within the feedback when you do, and remember to use a dairy free/vegan chocolate & chocolate candies as properly.
In search of thicker bars?
Should you like your monster cookie bars extra “oat-y” and thicker, be happy to make use of 3/4 cup of rolled oats as an alternative of 1/2 cup. I personally desire utilizing 1/2 cup.
Monster cookie bars made in a single bowl
- Prep your pan. Begin by preheating the oven to 350 levels F and lining a 9×9 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the moist components. Combine collectively the eggs, coconut sugar and tahini till they’re clean, then stir within the melted & cooled coconut oil and vanilla. Make sure you combine every little thing properly in order that there’s no oil separation.
- Add the dry. Combine within the almond flour, oats, coconut, baking soda & salt till properly mixed.
- Add the mix-ins. Fold within the chocolate chunks and chocolate candies, reserving half for sprinkling on prime.
- Bake & take pleasure in. Add the dough to your ready pan, sprinkle on the remainder of the chocolate and bake! After they’re completed sprinkle with sea salt, cool & then reduce and devour.
The important thing to excellent monster cookie bars
The important thing to creating excellent monster cookie bars which are gooey and scrumptious is to barely underbake them. Take them out as quickly as the sides are getting barely golden brown. They’ll set extra as you allow them to cool.
Storing & freezing ideas
- Within the fridge: I’d suggest leaving the monster cookie bars on the counter at room temperature for not more than a day or two after which storing them in an hermetic container within the fridge.
- To freeze: permit the bars to chill utterly, then reduce them as directed. Wrap particular person bars in plastic wrap, then in foil or a reusable bag comparable to Stasher bags. Freeze for as much as 3 months.
Extra brownies and bars you’ll love
Get all of my brownies & bars right here!
I hope you’re keen on these tahini monster cookie bars! Should you make them remember to depart a remark and a score so I understand how you favored them. Get pleasure from, xo!
Tahini Monster Cookie Bars
Gooey and scrumptious monster cookie bars crammed with the very best add-ins like shredded coconut, chocolate chunks, and chocolate candies! These dairy free and gluten free monster cookie bars are made with creamy tahini as an alternative of peanut butter and make an unimaginable dessert for kiddos and adults.
- Moist components:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or sub brown sugar)
- 3/4 cup tahini (or sub peanut butter or almond butter)
- 1/4 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dry Substances:
- 1 cup packed advantageous almond flour
- ½ cup rolled oats (if you need them thicker/extra oat-y you are able to do ¾ cup however I desire ½ cup)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut (i exploit Bob’s Purple Mill)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the mix-ins:
- 1/2 cup darkish chocolate chunks or chocolate chips (dairy free if desired), divided
- ½ cup chocolate candies (I used Unreal model candies), divided
- Fancy maldon Salt, for sprinkling on prime
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Line an 9×9 inch pan with parchment paper.
In a big bowl, combine collectively eggs, coconut sugar and tahini till clean and creamy. Subsequent add within the melted and cooled coconut oil and vanilla and blend collectively once more till it is rather clean and properly mixed. This could take a minimum of 30 seconds to combine till clean, you do not need any oil separation.
Add the dry components to the moist components till properly mixed: almond flour, oats, shredded coconut, baking soda and salt. Lastly fold in 1/4 cup of the chocolate chunks/chips and ¼ cup of chocolate candies; you’ll reserve the opposite half of every for sprinkling on prime.
Add the dough to the ready pan and evenly unfold out with a spatula in direction of the sides. Sprinkle the highest with remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips and ¼ cup chocolate candies. Bake for 20-25 minutes till the sides are BARELY golden brown. The trick with these blondies is to barely underbaked them so that they keep good and fudgy and gooey. As soon as completed baking, sprinkle with sea salt. Permit blondies to chill for 20 minutes earlier than slicing into so that they don’t crumble. Reduce into 16 squares.
See the total submit for straightforward methods to customise your bars, plus storing & freezing directions!
Serving: 1barEnergy: 269kcalCarbohydrates: 26.8gProtein: 4.8gFats: 17.4gSaturated Fats: 7.8gFiber: 3.3gSugar: 17.7g