Does anybody else agree that pears are some of the underrated fruits on the market? SO JUICY, SO SWEET. SO FABULOUS. Anybody else bear in mind my fabulous juicy pear crisp? YUM.
Anyway, I used to eat pears on a regular basis as a child; now I discover myself shopping for them for my kiddos, who love them simply as a lot. Sadly, they ripen shortly so I’ve to search out methods to take pleasure in them earlier than they flip to mush.
As soon as once more, a few years again, I confronted this dilemma on a wild Friday night time in. I noticed ripe pears sitting on my counter and figured I’d throw them in a easy, but fabulous oatmeal bake that your entire household may devour the following day. Wow, simply wow — it turned out insanely good. A touch of brown butter caramel taste, plenty of vanilla, and juicy candy pears in each chunk.
This brown butter pear baked oatmeal is simple to make and actually the proper breakfast or brunch! Serve it up for Thanksgiving breakfast — you’ll want the gas for all of that cooking and I promise you’re going to adore it!
What you’ll must make this pear baked oatmeal
This simple pear baked oatmeal is extremely easy to make and makes use of plenty of pantry staples for a fast breakfast. Plus, you’ll get the coziest flavors from juicy pears, cinnamon, caramel-like brown butter and vanilla. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Butter: you’ll want some butter, in fact, to make that wealthy brown butter for the oatmeal. We’re solely utilizing 1/4 cup within the recipe to offer it that caramel-like taste and hold it additional moist.
- Eggs: this baked oatmeal recipe makes use of 2 eggs. I haven’t tried with flax eggs, however let me know in the event you do.
- Sweetener: we’re utilizing a bit pure maple syrup, vanilla & cinnamon to offer it that deliciously candy vanilla taste.
- Milk: I like to make use of unsweetened almond milk on this recipe, however you should utilize any milk you’d like. Coconut milk can be fabulous!
- Oats: as a result of it’s baked oatmeal, in fact! Please remember to use old fashioned rolled oats, not metal minimize or fast oats, on this recipe.
- Baking staples: you’ll additionally want some baking powder & salt.
- Pears: the juicy pears actually make this baked oatmeal particular. I like Bartlett pears for the most effective texture.
- Non-compulsory: I like including diced walnuts or pecans for a bit crunch, too!
The way to inform when a pear is ripe
It may be tough to inform when a pear is completely ripe, however listed below are my finest suggestions: apply a barely stress to the fruit, close to the stem. Whether it is barely mushy, then it’s good for consuming or utilizing in a recipe. I don’t advocate consuming or utilizing in recipes if the pear remains to be onerous. All the time retailer your pears on the counter (or at room temperature!).
Ought to I peel the pears earlier than including them?
No want! You’ll be able to slice the pears as-is, nonetheless, be at liberty to peel them first in the event you want them that method.
The way to brown butter
The brown butter provides such an unimaginable taste to this oatmeal bake and is simpler to make than you assume! Get all of my suggestions and methods for browning butter on this put up and prepare so as to add it to actually all the things.
Non-compulsory ingredient swaps
- To maintain this baked oatmeal dairy free: you should utilize vegan butter or melted coconut oil as an alternative of actual butter. Nevertheless, don’t attempt browning both of these choices, because it won’t work.
- To make gluten free: remember to use gluten free rolled oats in the event you’d prefer to make this recipe gluten free.
- Don’t have pears available? As an alternative of pears, apples would even be a scrumptious possibility. I at all times go for Honeycrisp as they’re good, candy and juicy!
Can I make this pear oatmeal bake vegan?
I haven’t examined a vegan model of this pear oatmeal bake however you’ll be able to attempt utilizing a flax egg or two! I feel it ought to work properly, however please let me know within the feedback.
Be sure you additionally use melted coconut oil or vegan butter as an alternative of standard butter.
Fantastic pear baked oatmeal in 5 easy steps
- Prep your pan. Grease a 9×9 inch baking pan with cooking spray and preheat your oven to 350 levels F.
- Brown that butter. Identical to within the directions above!
- Combine the moist. Add all the moist substances to a big bowl and blend properly.
- Add the dry. Then combine in all the dry substances, stirring within the pears and brown butter final.
- Bake & take pleasure in! Pour the pear baked oatmeal combination into your ready pan, prime with nuts in the event you’d like, and bake till set! Lower into 6 slices for breakfast.
The way to retailer & reheat baked oatmeal
- Within the fridge: be certain the pear baked oatmeal has utterly cooled, after which cowl your 9×9 inch pan with tinfoil earlier than transferring it to the fridge. It’ll keep good lined within the fridge for 3-4 days, and you’ll reheat particular person slices within the microwave for 30-60 seconds. It’s also possible to retailer particular person slices in airtight containers for fast, on-the-go breakfasts.
- To freeze: as soon as the pear oatmeal bake has utterly cooled, minimize it into 6 squares and wrap every sq. in plastic wrap and tinfoil. Once you’re able to eat it, place the unwrapped frozen sq. of baked oatmeal on a microwave secure dish and microwave it at 30 second intervals for 1-2 minutes. When you’d prefer to freeze your entire baked oatmeal for later, merely reheat it within the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 levels F whereas it’s lined with tinfoil.
Extra breakfast recipes you’ll love
Get all of my scrumptious breakfast recipes right here!
I hope you like this superb vanilla brown butter pear baked oatmeal recipe! When you make it remember to go away a remark & a ranking so I understand how you favored it. Take pleasure in, xo.
Vanilla Brown Butter Pear Baked Oatmeal
Fantastic vanilla brown butter pear baked oatmeal with hints of cinnamon and candy pears in each chunk. This simple pear oatmeal bake is full of warming flavors and makes the proper winter breakfast or brunch!
- Moist substances:
- ¼ cup butter*
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ¾ cups unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of alternative)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Dry substances:
- 2 cups quaint rolled oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 small to medium ripe bartlett pears, diced (about 1 ½ cups diced pears)
- ¼ cup finely diced walnuts (or sub pecans)
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Grease a 9×9 inch pan with oil or nonstick cooking spray and put aside.
*First, brown your butter: add butter to a small saucepan and place over medium warmth. As soon as melted, the butter will start to crackle, after which ultimately foam. This may take a couple of minutes. Be sure you whisk continuously throughout this course of. After a few minutes, the butter will start to brown and switch a pleasant golden amber coloration on the underside of the saucepan. Proceed to whisk and take away from warmth as quickly because the butter begins to brown and provides off a nutty aroma. Put aside to chill for five minutes.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, pure maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract.
Add the dry substances to the bowl with the moist substances: oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Combine till mixed, then stir in diced pears and at last, the browned butter.
Pour combination into the ready pan and easy prime. Sprinkle the highest with chopped walnuts, if utilizing. Bake for 35-45 minutes or till the perimeters are barely golden brown and heart is ready. Take away from the oven, enable to chill for 10 minutes, then minimize into 6 slices and serve.
To make gluten free: remember to use gluten free rolled oats if you would like to make this recipe gluten free.
See the complete put up for suggestions, methods & freezing directions!
Serving: 1serving (primarily based on 6)Energy: 293calCarbohydrates: 35.9gProtein: 6.6gFats: 15.3gSaturated Fats: 5.5gFiber: 5gSugar: 15.6g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This put up was initially revealed on February 3, 2021, republished on November 4, 2021, and republished on November 1st, 2023.