Topped with honey, lemon, and contemporary herbs, this whipped ricotta dip feels elevated. Nevertheless it’s really easy to make! You simply want 5 minutes and 4 components.
This whipped ricotta dip can be my go-to appetizer for the remainder of the summer season…and fall…and winter. It feels elevated, but it surely couldn’t be less complicated to make. We’re speaking 4 components and 5 minutes of prep!
The recipe comes collectively within the meals processor, the S-blade whizzing away the graininess that store-bought ricotta usually has straight out of the bundle. The whipped ricotta turns into insanely creamy and silky clean, with a shiny burst of taste from lemon juice. I like to serve it with contemporary toppings like honey, herbs, and lemon zest to stability the richness of the dip. Scoop all of it up with crackers, crostini, or sliced baguette!
Whipped Ricotta Recipe Components
Right here’s what you’ll have to make this whipped ricotta recipe:
- Ricotta, in fact! Entire milk ricotta cheese will give this dip one of the best creamy texture and wealthy taste.
- Additional-virgin olive oil – It provides spicy, fruity depth of taste and helps the ricotta whip as much as a clean consistency.
- Recent lemon juice – For brightness.
- And sea salt – To make all of the flavors pop!
Garnish the whipped ricotta with honey, lemon zest, and contemporary herbs like thyme, chives, chopped parsley, or contemporary mint. Flaky sea salt is a superb topping too, including delicate crunch along with salty taste.
Discover the whole recipe with measurements under.
The best way to Make Whipped Ricotta Dip
Should you love simple recipes, you’ll love this dip!
- Place the ricotta, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt in a meals processor.
- Course of till gentle and clean, about 1 to 2 minutes. Tip: set a timer! A minute is longer than you assume. 🙂
That’s it! Switch to a serving bowl. Prime it with a drizzle of honey, olive oil, and a sprinkle of lemon zest and contemporary herbs. Take pleasure in!
The best way to Serve Whipped Ricotta
My favourite technique to serve this whipped ricotta recipe is as a dip, loaded up with the garnishes talked about above. Paired with crostini, pita chips, or crusty bread, it’s such a simple appetizer, but it surely’s additionally SO scrumptious. Attempt it as soon as, and also you’ll make it many times.
However that’s not the one technique to serve this recipe…
- Make whipped ricotta toast. Get inventive with the toppings! Honey, lemon, and contemporary herbs are nonetheless nice, however so are roasted tomatoes, pickled radishes, or pinches of za’atar. Experiment together with your favourite veggies, spices, and herbs to search out mixtures you like.
- Serve it underneath roasted greens. It might be a scrumptious creamy base for these oven roasted carrots.
- Add a dollop to a grain bowl. I like a bowl with farro, roasted chickpeas, roasted tomatoes, and basil. A dollop of this creamy dip simply takes it excessive!
- Use it as an omelette filling. Plus a sprinkle of contemporary herbs? Yum!
How do you prefer to serve it? Let me know within the feedback!
Retailer whipped ricotta for as much as 4 days in an hermetic container within the fridge. If any liquid separation happens, simply stir the dip again collectively earlier than serving.
Extra Favourite Dip Recipes
Should you love this whipped ricotta recipe, attempt one among these scrumptious dips subsequent:
- Lemon zest
- Recent thyme leaves
- Flakey sea salt
- Grilled baguette or Crostini
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
In a meals processor, place the ricotta, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and course of till gentle and clean, 1 to 2 minutes.
Switch to a serving dish and high with a drizzle of olive oil, honey, lemon zest, thyme, and flakey sea salt. Serve with grilled baguette or crostini.